Call out to UK artists – all disciplines – to propose bold new works
APPLY NOW | deadline 17 October 2017 @ 12 noon
WANTED: bold, ambitious proposals to deliver interactive, immersive experiences exploring the impact of technology on society
Collusion commissions support the creation of inspiring art and experiences by leading professional UK artists working with emerging technologies. We are looking to commission and present a series of groundbreaking new artworks across the broad spectrum of art, technology and human interaction. Bold, ambitious proposals will be selected that are creative, thought-provoking and take a fresh perspective on the themes and core concerns of our time.
- We are seeking works that are originated creatively, which then move through to R&D before being manifested as full scale artworks.
- Proposed works should also consider how they might illustrate, explore or address the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals. Technology will play a key role in addressing the Goals and artists can make a vital contribution by providing alternative perspectives.
- The commissions are open to UK artists across all disciplines, as well as arts organisations, collectives and creatives assembled around cross-disciplinary making, including those working across art and technology.
- We don’t expect artists to have all of the skills to build a project, but must demonstrate the experience and ability to manage and sustain a project from R&D to exhibition.
- Successful projects will be in development from January 2018 to March 2019, leading to a major exhibition taking place in Cambridge in April 2019 as the culmination of the three-year in_collusion programme.
- Collusion will support the development period as producers and in collaboration with academics and technology businesses in Cambridge
- Projects will have outline budgets in the range of £10,000 – £20,000.
- The deadline for applications is 12 noon on 17 October 2017 and all applicants will be notified of the outcome by email by 8 November 2017.
Simon Poulter and Rachel Drury, Collusion’s Directors, say: “In this call out we invite artists to come forward with proposals that situate creativity at the heart of digital culture. We want to hear from diverse voices with new ideas.”
Collusion’s partners for the commissioning programme are Arts Council England, the Greater Cambridge, Greater Peterborough Local Economic Partnership (GCGP), Arm, Cambridge Consultants, Anglia Ruskin University, and the Centre for Future Intelligence.
FIND OUT MORE HERE —>http://www.collusion.org.uk/commissions#Upcoming