Freelance opportunity: Peterborough Presents Programme Manager (Maternity cover)
Peterborough Presents is one of 21 projects supported by the Arts Council’s Creative People and Places programme; a strategic fund for areas of low arts engagement. Peterborough Presents phase 1 programme launched in April 2014 and is scheduled to end in October 2017. The programme has recently been successful in securing additional ACE funding for a phase 2 programme that will launch in November 2017.
The Peterborough Presents consortium (led by Vivacity in partnership with Metal, Creative Peterborough, Voluntary Arts and Ignite) are now looking to appoint a freelancer to oversee the final stage of phase 1 whilst the Programme Manager is on maternity leave.
This will include:
- Increasing access and participation in the arts by people and communities who are not currently engaged.
- Empowering communities to become an essential part of the decision making process,
- Building the capacity of the arts community in Peterborough
- Building positive and sustainable relationships with public, private and third sectors.
- Guiding the strategic development of the Peterborough Presents programme
This is a freelance position for approx. 90 days from February-September 2017, averaging three days a week.
The contract will be with Vivacity on behalf of Peterborough Presents.
Desk space will be provided at the Key Theatre and the post holder will be expected to be in Peterborough for at least 2 days per week.
The fee is £16,000 (inclusive of VAT and all office, IT and travel costs)
Application is via CV and cover letter sent to:
Josie Stone, Peterborough Presents Programme Manager
Tel: 01733 864529
Closing date: 12 noon on Friday 16th December. Interviews will be held in early January.