Peterborough Presents: Young Producer Applications now open
Applying to the Young Producer Training Programme!
APPLICATIONS ARE OPEN – DEADLINE 31st MAY!
SCROLL DOWN TO FIND OUT HOW TO APPLY!!
CALLING ALL FUTURE FIRE STARTERS AGED 16-25… WE WANT YOU!
Interested in our Young Producers Training Programme? The first thing we suggest is that you come along to our next Training Weekender where you’ll gain an inspiring insight into the world of working in the arts. If you’re ready to apply, read our handy guide below, then send us an email with your application!
THE EMERGE COMMISSIONS: HOW THE APPLICATION WORKS
Application is by CV and cover letter. Applicants will need to have an idea for a project they’d like to produce with the Emerge Commission funding. You don’t need to have every detail worked out yet, that’s the bit we’ll help you develop if you are successful. We’re open to all kinds of arts forms; music, film, visual art, literature, theatre…. The only criteria is that your project must provide opportunities for others to take part.
So you could:
- Create an interactive art installation
- Work with a community organisation to run new arts activities
- Launch a regular event night
- Commission artists to work with you in delivering your project
If you’re unsure where to start, have a look at our Meet the Trainees page to see what our current cohort of Young Producers are up to, or check out our What’s On pages to see what other events and projects we are working on.
WHAT IS INVOLVED?
As a Peterborough Presents Young Creative Producer you will spend up to a year developing, delivering and evaluating your project.
Each producer will receive:
· Ongoing support from the Peterborough Presents team. We’ll help you manage your budget, find partners and promote your project.
· A mentor specific to your area of interest (so if you’re project is theatre related we’ll team you up with someone lots of theatre experience)
· Up to £3000 of funding to deliver your project
· A budget to cover your own expenses
· A budget for you to attend relevant training events
The Young Producer Training Programme is not a paid job. We will cover all of your costs and expenses but your time is voluntarily. The programme is flexible and can be undertaken alongside a college course or job.
To apply for the programme you must:
- Be aged between 16-25
- Live in the Greater Peterborough area
- Be interested in the arts
- Have, at the very least, the beginning of an idea for a creative project
- Be confident
- Be organised
Application is by CV and cover letter. Your cover letter should include the following points:
- An outline of the project you would like to deliver (this can be very basic, we don’t need all the detail just yet)
- The kind of training and support you think you might need
- What you hope to do after completing the training programme
Send your application to Josie Stone, the Peterborough Presents Programme Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions you can call her at 01733 864529. You can also download the information pack here to read through at your convenience.