Call Out for workshop artists for Fun Palace, Made in Corby
Are you a local artist who can deliver great arts activities and help us build a Fun Palace?
In October 2017, we’ll run our 3rd Fun Palace, a day of activities that bring together creativity, art and science. Fun Palaces is both an ongoing national campaign for culture at the heart of every community, and an annual weekend of action – arts, science, craft, tech, digital and sports events and activities – run by and for local communities.
We are looking for artists who are excited about working in communities, and working alongside community members to imagine and create work together.
So we are looking for inspiring artists, craftspeople, designers, musicians, curators, circus performers, dancers, writers, makers, animators, choreographers, composers or any other sort of artist who can work in a community to create a high impact Fun Palace.
Individual artists or arts organisations can apply if they meet the following criteria:
- Are available to work in Corby from 12 noon until 5pm on Saturday 7th October 2017 (the event will run from 1pm to 4pm)
- Experience of working with diverse communities
- Experience and understanding of working in collaboration and a commitment to community engagement.
- Current DBS/ CRB (dated within the past 2 years)
- Public Liability Insurance of £5million.
Email expressions of interest to email@example.com by Friday 25th August 2017, to include:
- The best way to contact you
- What you could offer a community in Corby to inspire local people
- How you have delivered similar projects/workshops previously
- Confirmation that you meet the above criteria
- How much you would charge us
- Details of any resources/materials you would need to purchase with approximate costings