South East Dance – Producer Development Opportunity
South East Dance are working to support early to mid-career producers, who are either currently working with dance artists, or who are working within other disciplines, but who are interested to extend their knowledge of dance and performance in order to support artists in the future. This scheme will offer 10 days of development, between October 2015 and March 2016. Development will take place both at South East Dance offices in Brighton and with our partner organisations in the UK. The programme of development will be designed in collaboration with successful applicants, in order to ensure that the development is suited to their needs.
Development opportunities will include –
- On-going personalised mentoring with South East Dance producers.
- Sessions with senior staff at South East Dance to explore issues such as touring in the UK (current challenges and potential solutions). European networks and opportunities – how to approach gaining support for UK artists in Europe. Comms and Marketing. Approaches to venues.
- Visits to meet with producers from a range of partner organisations.
- A session with South East Dance’s Development Manager to explore fundraising – trusts and foundations, crowdfunding etc.
- Sessions with our Dramaturg in Residence to explore methods of supporting the artist in the studio.
- Opportunities to expand networks and contacts.
Please download the application form here.
Deadline for applications 31st August. All applicants will be notified by Friday 11th September.
Please send your application to: email@example.com